Green Bay beats Marquette 49-47
- Georgetown F Whittington tears ACL
- F Graham fourth to leave Penn State
- UCLA's Alford enjoys Indiana homecoming
- Smart content building something at VCU
- Hermann starts first day as Rutgers' AD
By GREG BATES
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) Kiefer Sykes scored 20 points as Green Bay beat Marquette 49-47 Wednesday night in a nonconference game.
Greg Mays added 11 points and five rebounds for the Phoenix (4-7), who gave coach Brian Wardle his first victory against his alma mater.
The Phoenix, who entered the game having lost four in a row and seven of the last eight, beat the Golden Eagles for only the third time in 12 meetings.
Jamil Wilson had 16 points for Marquette (7-3), which saw its four-game winning streak snapped.
Wardle played for Marquette from 1997-2001 and was 0-2 coaching against his former school.
Updated December 19, 2012