Ryan Manuel, SMU stifle Rice for easy 61-39 win
- Gonzaga gets by BYU for West Coast title
- .500 Mount St. Mary's wins NEC tourney
- Milwaukee claims Horizon League title
- North Dakota St. repeats as Summit champ
- Gators draw comparisons to '07 champions
Manuel was 6 of 9 from the floor, and Jones was 6 of 8, for the Mustangs (13-12, 3-7 Conference USA), who also got 12 points from Nick Russell, plus 13 rebounds and six blocks from Cannen Cunningham. SMU took control with a 24-7 run that spanned parts of both halves, then went on to lead by as many as 24.
Julian DeBose had 14 points for the Owls (5-18, 1-8), who lost their third straight. Rice shot just 20 percent from the floor, made only 10 field goals - including a 4-of-26 performance inside the 3-point line - and was outrebounded 40-30.
Rice's Tamir Jackson, who scored 11 points, reached 1,500 for his career on a free throw with 13:19 left in the game.
Updated February 9, 2013