North Texas tops Florida Atlantic in OT 66-57
- Shockers 34-0 after winning MVC final
- Terps halt No. 5 Virginia's streak at 13
- Orange beat FSU, avoid third loss in row
- Nebraska hurts Badgers' No. 1 seed hopes
- Buckeyes beat No. 22 Spartans 69-67
DENTON, Texas (AP) Roger Franklin scored 20 points, including five in overtime, and added nine rebounds as North Texas defeated Florida Atlantic 66-57 Thursday night.
After both teams struggled offensively in the second half, Franklin accounted for the first points of overtime with a 3-pointer at the 2:23 mark that put North Texas ahead 60-57. He later added a pair of free throws as the Mean Green outscored the Owls 9-0 in the extra period.
Gregg Gantt scored 18 points and Stefan Moody had 13 for Florida Atlantic (12-17, 7-11), which missed all eight of its shots and two free throws in overtime after scoring just 22 points in the second half.
North Texas also beat the Owls in overtime, 61-59, on Jan. 19.
Updated February 21, 2013