North Texas tops Florida Atlantic in OT 66-57
- No. 19 Florida holds off No. 13 Kansas
- Ex-Rutgers player sues over Rice abuse
- No. 11 Kentucky hands Boise first loss
- No. 20 Gonzaga rallies by West Virginia
- Gordon's 26 help Indiana improve to 8-2
DENTON, Texas (AP) Roger Franklin scored 20 points, including five in overtime, and added nine rebounds as North Texas defeated Florida Atlantic 66-57 Thursday night.
After both teams struggled offensively in the second half, Franklin accounted for the first points of overtime with a 3-pointer at the 2:23 mark that put North Texas ahead 60-57. He later added a pair of free throws as the Mean Green outscored the Owls 9-0 in the extra period.
Gregg Gantt scored 18 points and Stefan Moody had 13 for Florida Atlantic (12-17, 7-11), which missed all eight of its shots and two free throws in overtime after scoring just 22 points in the second half.
North Texas also beat the Owls in overtime, 61-59, on Jan. 19.
Updated February 21, 2013