Arkansas St. sprints past North Texas in OT 75-66
- Shockers 34-0 after winning MVC final
- Terps halt No. 5 Virginia's streak at 13
- Orange beat FSU, avoid third loss in row
- Nebraska hurts Badgers' No. 1 seed hopes
- Buckeyes beat No. 22 Spartans 69-67
JONESBORO, Ark. (AP) Cameron Golden scored 18 points, Ed Townsel chipped in with 15 and Arkansas State erased an 11-point second-half deficit to force overtime and eventually come out on top, defeating North Texas 75-66 on Saturday night.
Arkansas State (14-8, 8-5 Sun Belt) sprinted through the finish line in overtime, outscoring the Mean Green 16-7 to earn the victory.
The Red Wolves struggled from beyond the arc, making only 8 of 28 attempts from 3-point range and shot only 34.4 percent from the floor overall.
Brandon Peterson didn't score a point for Arkansas State, going 0 for 7, but did grab 14 rebounds and block two shots.
Updated February 2, 2013