Oklahoma pounds last-place TCU 75-48
- Alford buyout to net New Mexico $625K
- Washington G Wilcox has foot surgery
- K-State adds F Bolden from Georgetown
- Stoudamire back in Arizona as assistant
- WCC gives Zaninovich 3-year extension
By JEFF LATZKE
The Sooners (16-7, 7-4 Big 12) held TCU scoreless for the first eight minutes and extended their lead to 25 by halftime. Oklahoma led by as much as 36 after Andrew Fitzgerald's three-point play to finish a 13-0 run with 13:17 left in the game.
TCU (10-14, 1-10) responded with its only extended stretch of strong play, scoring nine points in a row. But by then it was far too little, too late. Oklahoma led by at least 20 throughout the second half on its way to surpassing last season's win total.
Updated February 11, 2013