Texas-Arlington wins 3rd straight, 71-68 at Idaho
- Shockers 32-0 after romp over Evansville
- Duke freshman Parker undecided on NBA
- Gamecocks' Martin sorry for harsh words
- Harvard first team to clinch NCAA berth
- UCSB fan charged after confronting coach
MOSCOW, Idaho (AP) Kevin Butler set career bests with 23 points and a 7-of-7 performance from 3-point range, helping Texas-Arlington hold off Idaho 71-68 on Thursday night for its third straight win.
Butler, a senior, was 8 of 8 overall. Brandon Edwards added 11 points for the Mavericks (13-9, 8-5 Western Athletic), who avenged a 77-64 loss to Idaho in Arlington on Jan. 19.
Texas-Arlington led most of the game but saw Idaho tie it at 59 on Madison's 3-pointer with 8:49 left. After the Mavericks went back in front, Mansa Habeeb's layup with 22 seconds left pulled the Vandals within 69-68 before Edwards made two free throws with 6 seconds to play. Idaho's Mike McChristian then missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer.
Updated February 15, 2013