North Texas tops Florida Atlantic in OT 66-57
- No. 13 Oregon gets past Ole Miss 115-105
- No. 24 SDSU rallies to beat Washington
- McDermott has 33, Creighton tops Huskers
- Rice scores 22 as Illinois rips Auburn
- Reddic's 24 help VCU rout Old Dominion
DENTON, Texas (AP) Roger Franklin scored 20 points, including five in overtime, and added nine rebounds as North Texas defeated Florida Atlantic 66-57 Thursday night.
After both teams struggled offensively in the second half, Franklin accounted for the first points of overtime with a 3-pointer at the 2:23 mark that put North Texas ahead 60-57. He later added a pair of free throws as the Mean Green outscored the Owls 9-0 in the extra period.
Gregg Gantt scored 18 points and Stefan Moody had 13 for Florida Atlantic (12-17, 7-11), which missed all eight of its shots and two free throws in overtime after scoring just 22 points in the second half.
North Texas also beat the Owls in overtime, 61-59, on Jan. 19.
Updated February 21, 2013