Manhattan rolls into MAAC semis, tops Marist 74-58
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) Emmy Andujar scored 24 points and grabbed 10 rebounds as third-seeded Manhattan stormed past No. 11-seed Marist, 74-58, and moved a step closer to defending its 2014 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament championship Saturday night.
The Jaspers advance to play No. 7 St. Peter's, which upset No. 2 seed Rider Saturday, in Sunday's second semifinal. Top-seed Iona faces No. 4 seed Monmouth in the other semi.
Manhattan, which swept the regular season series with the Red Foxes, built a 38-22 lead at halftime and cruised to the finish. The Jaspers held Marist to 34.6 percent shooting (18 of 52) from the field, including 3 of 16 from beyond the arc, and dominated on the boards, outrebounding the Red Foxes 41-28.MORE
Red Foxes Headlines
- Manhattan rolls into MAAC semis, tops Marist 74-58
- Lewis propels Marist past Quinnipiac 80-74
- Taylor scores 20 points, leads Rider over Marist 59-49
- Lewis, Hart give Marist 69-67 win over St. Peter's
- Lawrence leads Manhattan to 67-54 win over Marist