Winthrop beats Longwood 71-58, advances to championship
CONWAY, S.C. (AP) Keon Johnson scored 15 points as fifth-seeded Winthrop beat ninth-seeded Longwood 71-58 in the Big South semifinals on Saturday.
Keon Moore added 14 points for Winthrop (19-12), while Xavier Cooks and Andre Smith both chipped in 11 apiece. The Eagles will face third-seeded Coastal Carolina (23-9) in the championship on Sunday.
Longwood (11-23) trailed by 14 points with 8:38 remaining, but a quick six points closed the Lancers within nine. Moore and Johnson answered with six-straight points and Smith added a free throw to go up by 15 with 5:08 left to play.MORE
- Winthrop beats Longwood 71-58, advances to championship
- No. 9 seed Longwood stuns top seed Charleston Southern 68-60
- Longwood tops Presbyterian 65-61 in Big South tourney opener
- Taylor, Longwood beat Campbell 70-65
- Diagne, Coastal Carolina pull away, beat Longwood 72-59
|Big South Standings|
|View Full Standings|