Leonard's 100-yard return lifts FIU past FAU 34-24
- Miami's Dye to meet with NCAA again
- Indecency trial set for Nebraska DE Moss
- 9-game schedule next potential SEC tweak
- Elon joining CAA in latest expansion
- Kansas lands Miami of Ohio WR Harwell
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) Richard Leonard returned a third-quarter kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown, swinging the momentum back to Florida International in its 34-24 Sun Belt Conference victory over Florida Atlantic on Friday night.
Leonard's touchdown gave the Golden Panthers (3-8, 2-5) a 20-17 lead after the Owls (3-8, 2-5) had gone ahead for the first time in the game.
Graham Wilbert, who completed 28 of 51 for 403 yards, found Jenson Stoshak for a 60-yard score to make it 27-24, but FIU restored its 10-point lead with a touchdown and the defenses took over after that.
The Golden Panthers, who beat FAU 41-7 last year and move to Conference USA next season, retained the rivalry's Don Shula Trophy.
Updated November 17, 2012