Military Bowl will be San Jose State vs. MAC
- CAPA, Northwestern continue union fight
- Mankato players to practice for Hoffner
- Kansas QB Cozart wins starting job
- Dierdorf named Michigan radio analyst
- Kentucky QB Whitlow plans to transfer
WASHINGTON (AP) This Military Bowl will feature San Jose State and a team from the Mid-American Conference.
San Jose State has accepted an invitation, and the MAC announced Friday night that it reached an agreement with the bowl for one of its teams to be in the game Dec. 27. The Military Bowl is played at RFK Stadium. Last year, another MAC team was in it when Toledo beat Air Force 42-41.
This year's game was supposed to be Army against an Atlantic Coast Conference team, but Army isn't eligible, and the ACC has only six bowl-eligible teams following Miami's decision to ban itself from the postseason.
The MAC has seven bowl-eligible teams.
Updated November 30, 2012