NIU's Lynch sets record for rushing by QB
- Oklahoma State won't hold spring game
- Vandy's Mason ready for spring practice
- Miami OL Knighton out of hospital
- Dolphins owner offers to upgrade stadium
- Ex-Iowa player sues over 2011 workout
DETROIT (AP) Jordan Lynch of Northern Illinois has set a single-season record for yards rushing by a quarterback.
Lynch broke the major college mark set by Michigan's Denard Robinson in 2010. Robinson ran for 1,702 yards.
Lynch entered the Mid-American Conference title game Friday night against Kent State with 1,611 yards rushing. He broke Robinson's record with a 44-yard run in the third quarter.
He later scored a touchdown on that drive to give the 19th-ranked Huskies a 24-13 lead over the 18th-ranked Golden Flashes.
Updated November 30, 2012