|National Football League|
Steelers release tackle Jonathan Scott
- Chad Johnson apologizes, let out of jail
- WR Driver says he'd unretire for Packers
- Bengals to star on 'Hard Knocks' again
- Radio hosts fired for mocking Gleason
- Packers release LB Bishop
PITTSBURGH (AP) The Pittsburgh Steelers have released veteran offensive tackle Jonathan Scott.
The 29-year-old Scott started 14 games and three playoff games during his two seasons with the Steelers. Scott became expendable when Pittsburgh selected Ohio State tackle Mike Adams in the second round of the 2012 NFL Draft and re-signed veteran Max Starks earlier this week.
Scott, a fifth-round pick by the Detroit Lions in the 2006 Draft, played two years with the Lions and two more with the Buffalo Bills before signing with Pittsburgh before the 2010 season.
Updated July 19, 2012