|National Football League|
4-year-old son of Raiders assistant dies
- Chargers, OLB Freeney agree to 2 years
- Jets' Goodson faces drug, weapon charges
- Seattle DE Irvin banned 4 games for PEDs
- Free agent DB Woodson to visit Raiders
- Bears, 1st-round pick Long agree to deal
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) The 4-year-old son of Oakland Raiders defensive line coach Terrell Williams has died.
The team said Saturday that Tyson Williams died Friday at Oakland Children's Hospital, days after celebrating his birthday. The boy became unexpectedly ill this month, but the team did not elaborate on his illness.
The family says Tyson loved cartoons and was a caring older brother to 8-month-old Tahj.
Coach Dennis Allen says the team was shocked by the news and the organization sends its deepest sympathies to the family. Allen says Williams will have as much time off as he needs, and the defensive staff will share his responsibilities.
The Raiders play at Baltimore on Sunday.
Updated November 10, 2012