Mavericks waive 2 players, still 1 move needed
- Pacers finish off Knicks, win Game 6
- Grizzlies, Spurs to meet in West finals
- Deal to sell Kings to local group signed
- Late nights at gym pay off for Oladipo
- Warriors have sense of accomplishment
DALLAS (AP) The Dallas Mavericks have waived forward/center Melvin Ely and forward Chris Douglas-Roberts, leaving them with still one roster move to make by Monday.
The moves Sunday came only a day after Ely and Douglas-Roberts signed non-guaranteed contracts, and before they had even practiced with the team.
That leaves Dallas with 16 players on the roster, one over the limit it has to get to a day before Tuesday night's season opener at the Los Angeles Lakers.
The Mavericks are expected to permanently part with guard Delonte West, who last week was suspended indefinitely Thursday for unspecified conduct considered detrimental to the team. It was his second suspension this month.
Updated October 28, 2012