2 ejected in 1st period of Panthers-Stars opener
- Stars' Peverley done for season
- Bettman: Concussions down this season
- Resilient Stars beat Blues 3-2 in OT
- Fleury blanks Caps as Pens finish sweep
- Bobrovsky stops 39 as Jackets down Wings
DALLAS (AP) Ryan Garbutt of the Dallas Stars and Dmitry Kulikov of the Florida Panthers have been ejected in the first period of the season opener.
Both players received game misconducts after a pair of fights broke out near the Panthers net on Thursday night.
The sequence started when Mike Weaver shoved Antoine Roussel after the Dallas forward kept poking at the puck in the pads of goalie Tim Thomas.
After Weaver and Roussel dropped their gloves, Kulikov and Garbutt started fighting nearby.
All four players got fighting penalties. Roussel received a 10-minute misconduct penalty, but wasn't ejected, and was given an extra 2-minute penalty for instigating.
Updated October 3, 2013